An abridged version of my CV is presented below. Please contact me should you need the full version.
A highly motivated first-class Computer Science graduate with a keen interest in technology and business as well as a high level of experience in software development. Consistently working to the highest professional standards drawing on experience and a wide range of technical expertise. Additionally an effective team player with excellent communication and organisational skills combined with a desire to succeed.
- Gaining a first class honours degree.
- Winning the Accenture Strategy Award for Scientists and Engineers.
- Passing the Institute of Advanced Motorists (IAM) Advanced Driving Test.
- Being top student on the Computer Science with Business Management course at the University of Birmingham for three years running. See news article.
- Completing the Duke of Edinburgh's Award Scheme at Bronze level.
- BSc (Hons) Class 1 in Computer Science with Business Management, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, UK.
- A & AS Level, Newport Free Grammar School, Essex
- GCSE, Newport Free Grammar School, Essex
- Senior Software Developer at Micro Focus
- Software Developer at Autonomy Systems Ltd (subsequently acquired by HP, then separated into Hewlett Packard Enterprise, then acquired by Micro Focus)
- Operations Development at Autonomy Systems Ltd
- Web and Systems Developer at Toucan Internet LLP
- Part time at Bell Press Printers Ltd
- Programing and development in Java.
- Agile software development methodologies, including being Scrum Master.
- Experience of C/C++, XML and Linux Shell Scripting.
- Experience of Node.js.
- Some experience of Python and Perl.
- Unit testing with tools such as JUnit, TestNG, Mockito and PowerMock.
- IntelliJ IDEA, NetBeans and Eclipse IDEs for Java development.
- Microsoft Office.
- Various operating systems including Windows, Mac and Ubuntu/CentOS Linux.