An abridged version of my CV is presented below. Please contact me should you need the full version.
A highly experienced and ambitious lead software developer with over ten years of full time industry experience and a First Class degree in Computer Science with Business Management. Knowledgeable about the full development lifecycle from idea generation and planning through to final delivery of products large and small. A keen eye for detail, knowledge of software development best practices and a wide range of expertise enable me to architect and deliver functional, well tested, reliable and maintainable software. I’m an effective team player with excellent leadership, communication and organisational skills combined with a proven desire to succeed.
- Gaining a first class honours degree.
- Winning the Accenture Strategy Award for Scientists and Engineers.
- Passing the Institute of Advanced Motorists (IAM) Advanced Driving Test.
- Being top student on the Computer Science with Business Management course at the University of Birmingham for three years running. See news article.
- Completing the Duke of Edinburgh's Award Scheme at Bronze level.
- BSc (Hons) Class 1 in Computer Science with Business Management, University of Birmingham, Birmingham, UK.
- A & AS Level, Newport Free Grammar School, Essex
- GCSE, Newport Free Grammar School, Essex
- Senior/lead Software Designer at Micro Focus
- Web and Systems Developer at Toucan Internet LLP
- Part time at Bell Press Printers Ltd
- Designing and architecting software.
- Programing and development in Java.
- Agile software development methodologies, including being Scrum Master.
- Experience of C/C++, XML and Linux Shell Scripting.
- Some experience of Pyron, Node.js, Perl.
- Unit testing with tools such as JUnit, TestNG, Mockito and PowerMock.
- IntelliJ IDEA, NetBeans and Eclipse IDEs for Java development.
- Microsoft Office.
- Various operating systems including Windows, Mac and Ubuntu/CentOS Linux.